Sunday, March 7, 2010

I Just Might be the Shabbos Ema

Friday:
1. Today was an abnormally short work day. Or rather, an abnormally short at-work day - being at home to cook for students and do laundry for ASB counts as work, right? Right?

2. I got to host a Shabbat meal for the first time in ages! (Hillel work usually precludes me from doing so, but Spring Break = no Hillel).

3. Not only did I get to cook up a storm - the whole thing was dairy and primarily gluten-free. Can you tell I'm proud?

4. Before dinner, we went to a gymnastics tri-meet (against UNC - go Heels!, even when times are tough in other athletic areas - and Ball State)! It was about as awesome as you'd expect.
Number 4 Florida won, but UNC held their own. Ball State...well, they have room for improvement.

As a bonus, I discovered that many other people watch Make It or Break It. I no longer feel I have to hide my love for its entertaining mix of melodrama and feats of strength.

5. Dinner was lovely. Apparently, my students find me so entertaining, they've created a sitcom about me, complete with theme song. I don't know whether to be flattered or worried.

6. One of the guests went on USY on Wheels with Seffi...and recounted a lovely little story about how he told her that her chose of name-spelling (for her own name) was unacceptable. Oh Sefster...thank goodness you've grown up. Mostly.

7. The students stuck around until 2 a.m. It was so refreshing to have a "civilian" Shabbat...if only I could have them more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails