Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Second-Favorite Daughter

Monday:
1. Cold morning. I LOVE cold mornings - almost makes me feel like I live in a place that believes in winter.

2. Didn't run in the morning because of the cold....so instead I left work, ran smack in the middle of the day, and stayed at the office late to compensate. I love my job.

3. Lovely catch-up talk with Alyssa.

4. And another with Aviva. My friends lead such interesting lives!

5. Funny how I'm the only girl in the family, but still not my mother's favorite daughter. To wit:

5 minutes
4:48 PM Sarit: wow
hysterical
dear linda, i love you. love, sarita
4:49 PM me: hahaha
i'll pass along the message
Sarit: ok

6 minutes
4:56 PM me: lindaripps: tell her I love her back
y'all should just be gchat friends
and get it over with
Sarit: does she love me because i can make kippot?
me: haha...i hate you
Sarit: i know :)

5 minutes
5:01 PM me: lindaripps: no - I love her because she is Sarit!


6. The above conversation was in reference to the fact that I discovered I have a distant cousin named Herbert Haselden Hickmott the 3rd. There's also a 4th and a 5th.

7. Karma cream. Delicious ice cream place and vegan bakery. Until now I have managed to avoid their delicious-looking baked goods. Tonight I caved and bought this:

Yes, it was that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails