Monday, February 1, 2010

Back in the Swing of Things

Sorry for the long break, life intervened for awhile. But I'm back, and I want to dial back to last Wednesday when - prior to having the busiest 5 days ever - I had a serious moment of realization about writing here, which has of late felt like a chore. I saw reason #1 (Jonathan Berliner in full civilian police training regalia), and suddenly awoke to the fact that when I began this blog, the point was not only to note seven random occurrences from my day, but to seek out new and positive experiences which would make my time here in Gainesville more interesting, more exciting, and ultimately more fun. Jon's been doing that way up in rural Washington, and I...well...haven't. And from now on I'm going to try. Please hold me to it. Let me know if I'm slipping.

...but first I must recount the past 5 days of minutiae.


Wednesday:
1. Oh, JB. (For more information, see above.)


2. Went back to yoga, after a long hiatus. Good decision.

3. Saw this chalked on one of the columns outside the main library on campus:

Thanks for the reminder, anonymous graffiti artist.

4. Here's a question most residents of the 'ville probably can't answer:
But I can, and spotting these in the frozen foods aisle made my day. (No, I did not buy one. But I did deliberate for about 2.3 seconds.)

5. Great lunch with a student. The best student meetings are when neither one of us has any agenda, and I can simply get to know them a little bit better.

6. Last Wednesday was when this article about Sara Hurwitz came out. My conflicted feelings about religious feminism notwithstanding, my main thought is this: come on, Rabbi Weiss - if you want to call her Rabbi, just go for it. Rabbah is no more catchy than Maharat.

7. I bought something on Woot! I totally didn't have the patience to follow last week's wootoff, but luckily for me, Daniel did. I had offhandedly mentioned to him that I was in the market for an immersion blender (let's face it, I've offhandedly mentioned that to everyone I've met in the last 3 months)...and when this puppy came up on Woot, he remembered to let me know!

As you can see, it's actually a "combi mixer," and it has approximately 12 gajillion functions. I'll let you know if it actually works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails