1. I woke up before my alarm went off for the first time in many, many years. I guess there IS something to be said for getting an average of more than 5 hours of sleep per night.
2. When we put "Shabbat morning services - 10:30 am" in our weekly email newsletter, that generally means, "Get here around 11, we won't have a minyan until 11:30 anyway." Wonder of wonder, miracles of miracles, we began with a minyan at 10:35ish, and finished on time at 12:30!
3. ...And headed straight to a student-run lunch and learn on the parsha. Maybe this place isn't completely devoid of Jewish potential.
4. In between some lovely catnaps, I finished a book! I'm not sure I can remember the last time I had time to read a book for pleasure (so to answer your question Aunt Vanessa, yes, I'm reading). It was so nice. And with the advent of the Chippim book club (ahem, let's get on this), I look forward to reading much more frequently.
5. Took a great late afternoon walk to Yoni and Mandy's.
6. While they went out motzei Shab I babysat...and conveniently got to watch the game on their TV (having an away game at Mississippi State significantly lowers my ability to hear said game from my apartment).
7. I had forgotten that babysitting results in being paid. Thanks, Yoni and Mandy, for supporting my sushi addiction. My budget is grateful.