Monday, October 26, 2009

Playing Catch-Up

I'm about to be a total cop-out. Ready?

I actually think it's a good thing when I don't have time to post - it means I'm out doing stuff (or more likely, watching a movie on my bed).

And by that I mean, here's Sunday:

1. Talking with Alumnae:
This year is Alpha Epsilon Phi's centennial (it was actually started at Barnard - who knew?), and this weekend was centennial alumnae weekend at UF. Over 250 women showed up, going back to the class of 1948. Sunday morning, we had an alumnae (okay, okay, I just like using the word "alumnae" - it's the strong, beautiful Barnard woman in me) brunch at Hillel. Talking with the alums really gave me a sense of the history of the UF Jewish community. They were adorable. Nativ/Barnard/JTS friends - let's still be close in 30 years, k? Great.

2. Coffee dates!
I scheduled two coffee dates on Sunday - one with an absurdly cool spiritual seeker type, who's interested in learning more about Judaism, and one with a student who was raised Orthodox, and wants to discuss "why God created the world." That one may take several cups of coffee.

3. I am currently in the process of re-watching the entire first season of Srugim (At this point, I know the scripts so well that I get bits of dialogue stuck in my head, like songs. It's sick.). This practice is good for my Hebrew, and TERRIBLE for missing Israel.

4. I don't know how I forgot to post on Friday's seven: Eem and the Won-Ton (that's my mom and youngest brother, for the uninitiated), are coming to visit me in two weeks! Well, really they're going to visit Disney World, and I happen to live nearby. I'll take what I can get.


5. The first proofs from the "Go Topless" for Breast Cancer fundraiser came out, and they look incredible! See below:

Mine are SIGNIFICANTLY more tzanuah. I promise.

6. Nina Zoe Cohen informed me that you can now buy shoes from DSW online. 2 1/2 hours of browsing ensued.

7. Sarita Rachel Horwitz called to tell me a very funny story. Lovely way to end the day, and totally worth the hour of lost sleep.

1 comment:

  1. forgot to comment on my shoutout. Wooohoooo shoutout! I also spend way too much time browsing DSW. And Zappos. And Endless. etc ad infinitum. Thing is, so much browsing makes it very hard to actually buy anything. Which E likes. A lot.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails