Friday, October 23, 2009

TGIF

1. Woke up earlyish to have a skype date with the Sefster. Since I hadn't seen his scraggly-yet-radiant face since erev Rosh HaShanah, it was really nice. Note to Seffi: I'm still waiting to see you wear that ridiculous Magen David Adom uniform. Yalla.

2. A quiet office:
Dana is spending the weekend in Boston with the shlicha from St. Paul, and she left on Thursday afternoon. This left me with a quiet office in which to work. Don't get me wrong, I love working with Dana, but there's something to be said for an attempt at productivity.

3. I declared my independence from Challah for Hunger! [This actually happened Thursday afternoon, but I already had seven for the day.] While Challah for Hunger is a lovely project (students bake Challah on Thursday afternoon and sell it on campus on Friday morning, donating the proceeds to Alachua County hunger organizations), there is absolutely no reason why I had to babysit the students as they baked. So I announced that I was busy, went home at a decent hour, and guess what? The challah came out just fine.

4. Keith (the executive director) asked me if I'm interested in applying for a professional development opportunity Hillel International is starting for outstanding new employees. It really doesn't look interesting, and I totally don't think I'll have time (they've already got me applying for something else), but especially since my interactions with Keith are minimal, it was a nice shot in the arm.

5. Took the long way home, with a coffee break on the way.

6. It's the end of October, and these gorgeous flowers are still blooming everywhere I go. Does anyone know what they are?



7. Usually, small Shabbatot are torturous, but this week, we managed to combine the Conservative and Orthodox services rather painlessly, and had a great tefillah. Whew.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails