Monday, October 19, 2009

Sunday Bloody Sunday

I can't believe today was Monday. Longest day of my life, plus I was at work yesterday. But let's journey back for a minute:

1. Sunday happened, for the first time since before the chagim. As in, I slept in and was not technically required to put in a full day at work. I think my decision to live in America vs. Israel could someday hinge on my love of the Sunday.

2. Roach "hosted" a brunch for Darom people - and is a shockingly excellent brunch chef. Baked french toast? How had I never heard of that before (And why are breakfast foods quickly becoming a recurring feature of the Reasons?)?

3. Go Topless:
Went to Hillel for a zillion hours...but for a great cause. A photography student came up with the idea to photograph women holding up signs explaining why they were going "topless:" a relative, a friend, women who can't afford mammograms (my sign). I thought it would be creepy, but it wound up being a really positive, powerful event - 46 women were photographed, raising over $540 for the American Cancer Society. Sometimes, this job is enlightening.

4. ...While waiting for the event to end, I finished our weekly Constant Contact (email newsletter); a.k.a. the bane of my existence. Hooray for it not taking up all of my Monday!

5. Dinner with the Orens:
Jodi and Ido Oren, parents of my friend Avigail from Barnard, live here in G-ville (Ido is a PoliSci professor, and Jodi's a physical therapist). Last night, they had me over for dinner, along with their son Eytan ("home" from UF), and Yael, the community shlicha. I always love spending time with them, and Jodi especially has a very quick, ironic, Northeastern sense of humor. Familiar and comfortable, to say the least.

6. Ben & Jerry's:
It is truly a superhuman feat of marketing that a 1 quart container of normal ice cream for $4.99 seems exorbitant, but 2 pints of Ben & Jerry's for $6.00 feels like a steal. Keep pulling the wool over my eyes, boys. Yum.

7. Netflix sent me "Kissing Jessica Stein." Neurotic, compulsive, hysterical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails