Monday, October 19, 2009

Lazy Shabbos...

...wake up in the early...wait. No. That's the opposite of my Saturday. Ready?

1. Slept until 1:24 pm. Yes, you read that correctly.

2. I woke up to find that it was FREEZING outside!

3. It was also sunny and gorgeous.

4. Therefore, I took an hourlong walk. Very peaceful (except for slight heckling by drunken old men), since everyone else was at the game.

5. When I returned, I could hear the game (as in, going on at the stadium) from my room, well enough that I could join in shouting "Orange!" "Blue!" "Orange!" "Blue!" Tickets? Who needs tickets?

6. I conquered my biggest fear about living in Gainesville - Shabbat alone! Of course, I primarily conquered it by sleeping through the day, but I think I'm comfortable with that.

7. Far too late at night, I ventured to the AEPi house to visit Dickie and Roach (former campers, now staff members at Darom), who were visiting from Alabama and Pennsylvania, respectively. Going to the AEPi house? Awkward and weird. Seeing Dickie and Roach? Great, including the 3:00 am trip to IHOP with Sam and Jeremy (more former-campers-now-staff, who go to UF).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails