Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Watched Pot...

Thursday:
1. When I did laundry this morning, my washing machine sounded like a rocket ship taking off - but didn't explode. Score (and time to call the management).

2. I stopped for coffee on the way to work, and got FOUR punches on my "buy 6, get 1 free" card from the coffee man. So much for "boys don't make passes at girls who wear glasses."

3. It felt crisp in the morning. I never thought I'd be able to use the word "crisp" to describe Gainesville weather. Hallelujah.

4. Look at the blankets my wonderful students made for kids in foster care!


5. I burned soup, which has never happened to me before, and God willing will never happen to me again (last time I trust someone else to note when a pot is boiling...). This was positive primarily because while my smoke alarm went off, the complex alarm didn't.

6. GREAT turnout at the Hillel/JSU Israel week kickoff event - 80 kids came out to see a comedian. Way to go, Dana.

7. Look at the gorgeous hot chocolate I had with a student several days ago at the Christian Study Center (I forgot about it until I uploaded the blanket picture):

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails