Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pancakes on the Bar

Sunday:
1. I was supposed to have brunch with students, but one had a conflict and had to cancel. I, however, still wanted a pancake from the amazing place we were supposed to go (Yes, one pancake. They are HUGE.). So I went, and since I was alone, they seated me at the bar. Pancakes on the bar at 2 in the afternoon? Okay, I'll go with it.

2. Sunday was absurdly productive...

3. ...until I accidentally took a 3 hour nap.

4. Somehow I forgot to include a victory from Friday on that day's list: I made a pull-apart challah! Not that it was complicated, it was just different and fun. It looked like this:

5. Also for Shabbat: the return of Friday flowers!


6. I roasted a squash for the first time, and made soup from it. Great culinary success.

7. This is why I must always carry my camera: The Oscar Mayer Weinermobile was wandering around Gainesville today. Why? Unclear. I don't ask questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails