Sunday, January 24, 2010

Shabbat Sha-party?

Friday:
1. Had a lovely coffee date with one of my Birthright students.

2. We've turned Challah for Hunger into Challah for Haiti for the foreseeable future, and I got to visit the Challah sellers for the first time. They did a great job, and it was so interesting to watch the responses from people on campus.

3. One of my Birthright students organized a reunion Shabbat dinner party. It was very well-attended, and a lot of fun.

4. ...Plus, there were bagels (she said she had to - "they're Jew food!").

5. I was concerned about how to get to and from the downtown location of the party - until a group students offered to walk me!

6. At one point, there was a giant platter of cookies. Until a, umm... compromised student tried to take one. Then there was a giant platter...and a cascade of cookies to the floor. Hysterical to watch.

7. And then a student proclaimed his undying love for me. All in all, I'd say it was a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails