1. Had a lovely coffee date with one of my Birthright students.
2. We've turned Challah for Hunger into Challah for Haiti for the foreseeable future, and I got to visit the Challah sellers for the first time. They did a great job, and it was so interesting to watch the responses from people on campus.
3. One of my Birthright students organized a reunion Shabbat dinner party. It was very well-attended, and a lot of fun.
4. ...Plus, there were bagels (she said she had to - "they're Jew food!").
5. I was concerned about how to get to and from the downtown location of the party - until a group students offered to walk me!
6. At one point, there was a giant platter of cookies. Until a, umm... compromised student tried to take one. Then there was a giant platter...and a cascade of cookies to the floor. Hysterical to watch.
7. And then a student proclaimed his undying love for me. All in all, I'd say it was a good night.