Monday, December 28, 2009

A Moment of Gratefulness

Friday:
Many things happened today, but for the first time I'm going to focus entirely on one of them.

I'm feeling grateful.

Why?

Today was a busy, crazed day of traveling, coupled with a slowly breaking bus. 20 minutes before Shabbat, it finally gave out by the side of the road. Two hours later, we finally arrived at the kibbutz where we were meant to spend the weekend. After 3 hours of telling people that my religious proclivities should not be a priority in figuring out how to get us safely settled in, I shut the door to my room, sat down on my bed, and realized that I have been making a habit of fudging observances in order to make people feel more comfortable, and less like they need to accommodate me.

Obviously, I wasn't going to spend the night alone in the desert, but I still felt like the situation gave me a new perspective.

And so, 1-7:
Thank God that in my daily life I don't have to make those compromises. Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails