1. Alli got a job! Alli got a job!
...and it's at the awesome charter school she mentioned in her guest post. Way to go, Alli!
2. Well, this is odd:
For the backstory, click here.
3. With this photograph, cake decorating has reclaimed its rightful place on the list of skills I need to have:
4. Went to Farah's (a local pseudo-Mediterranean restaurant and hookah bar) for an end-of-semester freshmen event. The turnout small but quality, and I am so proud of the student who arranged it.
5. I'm going to share something really personal right now. I have a guilty pleasure, and it's embarrassing.
I LOVE The Biggest Loser.
There, I said it. And the finale was great (though I wish the contestants weren't quite so emaciated...).
6. Long story short: Dana has a friend-of-a-friend who's a graphic design student. For a final project, he took a cassette tape of himself at age 3 making up stories to tell his father, and set it to a stop-motion animated video made entirely of household materials. Even if you can't understand the Hebrew, watch a minute or two of the video - amazing.
7. The Florida Independent Alligator really disappointed me in their last issue of the semester. The front page had the best headline EVER - "Librarians Plan Oddly Specific Party." But then, the article totally didn't live up to its potential. I'm not even linking it. I'm just going to bask in the glory of the headline.