1. I couldn't find a student with a car, so I walked to Walgreens. It was very, very far. On the upside, I'm feeling remarkably independent.
2. Seffi blogged! I love it when that happens.
3. Back in August, my coffeemaker freaked out, backed up, and burned my hand by spewing water out of the top. I calmly placed it in time-out under the sink, and have since made my stop at Dunkin Donuts and/or Starbucks a near daily ritual. This morning I decided that I had had enough of paying for my caffeine. I welcomed the coffeemaker back into the kitchen, and it worked perfectly. Hooray!
4. Birthright orientation went shockingly well. I'm getting really excited to guide these students through Israel for the first time. Is that insanely nerdy? Never mind, I don't care.
5. I made butternut squash soup. Yum.
6. I went to one of my students' recitals. I had forgotten how much I love watching dance performances. It was lovely, and I was so proud of her.
7. Today the Food Network taught me that saffron is actually the stamen and stigmas of the crocus sativus. Huh. Fascinating.