1. A room of my own. Unexpected, but SO nice.
2. Israeli cornflakes. Yum.
3. My students' general shock at the normalcy of Israeli life - the presence of pudding, for instance.
4. The Bahai gardens in Haifa. Shockingly, it was my first time there.
5. Druze pita. Yum again.
6. GREAT evening program on the literal meanings of Israeli slang. What would YOU do with the phrase, "Leave it, in your mother." ?
7. Coincidence of the day: Ran into Itzik Yannai at Kibbutz Gonen (he was guiding another Birthright trip). Such a great surprise.